Are you tired of fumbling with keys every time you want to enter or exit your outdoor gate? If so, it might be time to invest in a smart lock. Smart locks offer the convenience of keyless entry and often come with a variety of additional features such as remote access, scheduling, and integration with smart home systems. A smart lock for outdoor gate can provide an extra layer of security and convenience for you and your family.
But with so many options on the market, it can be tough to know which smart lock is the best fit for your home. That’s where I come in! In this article, I’ll introduce you to the top smart locks for outdoor gates and help you find the perfect one for your needs. Whether you’re looking for a lock with advanced security features, easy installation, or compatibility with popular smart home platforms, I’ve got you covered. So read on to discover the best smart locks for outdoor gates and take the first step towards a more secure and convenient home.
List of Best Smart Locks for Outdoor Gate
1. Lockly Vision Smart Lock
Lockly Vision Smart Lock is the world’s first smart lock that uses a camera and facial recognition technology to let you access your door even when you are not there. It is also the only smart lock in the world that works with Alexa and Google Assistant. Built-in sensors detect when someone approaches the front door and trigger an alarm that lets you know someone is there. The alarm will also send you an email or text message if you set up a rule for it to do so.
With Lockly Vision Smart Lock, you can:
- Open the door with your phone or tablet wherever you are.
- Set up multiple users for each room in your house.
- Control who has access to each room with geofencing technology.
- Turn on and off lights, cameras, and other connected devices remotely using voice commands or physical button presses.
Lockly Vision Smart Lock is easy to install, works with any deadbolt or keyless entry system, and can be controlled remotely with your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. It is compatible with Amazon Echo/Alexa, Android Wear devices, and Apple HomeKit devices.
Simply place Lockly Vision Smart Lock on your door, open the app on your phone or tablet and then follow the simple setup instructions to activate it. Once you have done that, simply press the lock on your phone or tablet to unlock your door remotely without any need for keys or passwords!
2. Sifely Keyless Entry Door Lock
The best thing about the Sifely keyless entry door lock is that it does not require any batteries for operation. All you need to do is locate the push button outside your door and press it once to lock or unlock it. This simple mechanism makes it very easy for anyone to use, regardless of age or physical ability.
Sifely Keyless Entry Door Lock Features:
- Easy to install, just plug in and play!
- With the touch of a button, it is easy to lock and unlock the door from anywhere with your smartphone or IOS/Android smart device.
- Sifely Keyless Entry Door Lock comes with a chip that cannot be copied by anti-forgery tools, so you can feel safe when you open the box and use it for the first time!
- The built-in battery inside will last for over 6 months if you only use it once a day (with normal use). You can charge it with a USB cable or power adapter.
- Two ways to open the lock are via Bluetooth or NFC (near-field communication). You can choose whichever one you like most to fit your daily needs better!
- The Lock is enabled with an Advanced 5-in-1 Keyless Entry system. You can open the lock in five different ways i.e., Fingerprint, Fob, Code, Key & Smartphone.
- If the Lock is paired with a Sifely Wi-Fi Gateway, it will give you access to unlock/lock your smart door lock while being anywhere in the world. You can change the codes remotely and access the real-time entry logs.
The Sifely keyless entry door lock also offers a wide variety of additional features, including a dual-sided design that allows you to choose between left-handed or right-handed operation. The unit also features an anti-pick feature that prevents thieves from easily breaking into your home by using a tool to pry open the door.
The Sifely keyless entry door lock will fit most standard doors and can be installed in as little as 15 minutes by an average homeowner with basic DIY skills.
3. Schlage BE365 Outdoor Gate Lock
Schlage’s BE365 is a high-security deadbolt that offers a wide range of options to meet your needs. It provides the perfect integration of innovative technology mixed with reliability. Designed to be as secure as possible, the BE365 features five locking bolts, which are keyed on both sides and require two different keys to unlock. It also comes with a fingerprint reader that allows you to lock and unlock the door from anywhere using your smartphone or PC.
SCHLAGE BE365 features a four-digit numeric pad that allows you to easily enter the passcode with just one hand. The lock also comes with an optional add-on module that allows you to control access with a smartphone app if you choose to do so.
SCHLAGE BE365 should be your choice because of its durability. This lock has been designed with durable materials such as stainless steel and aluminum which makes it resistant to rust, corrosion, and other damages caused by weather conditions such as rain or snowfall. This means that even if you leave your keys at home when you go out for work every day, you can still open your gate safely without worrying about how safe it will be left behind when you return home at night.
The only downside associated with this lock is the lack of customer support provided by the manufacturer. Customers have expressed concern over the fact that the company seldom honors the lifetime warranty associated with the lock. Moreover, the response and action toward customer support are slow.
Nonetheless, Schlage is well-established when it comes to locks. While there are many new competitors in the smart lock industry, not many can match the century-old reputation of Schlage.
4. Ultraloq UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint & Touchscreen Smart Lock
The Ultraloq UL3 BT is a versatile smart lock that can be used as a keypad or with an optional fingerprint reader. Although the Ultraloq also comes with a deadbolt, it is designed to replace only the inside half of your existing deadbolt, so installation is fast and easy. And unlike most of its competitors, the Ultraloq UL3 BT is compatible with most doors and does not require that the door frame be perfectly level. It is also one of the few smart locks on the market that can be operated as a traditional turnkey lock in case you need to change batteries or lose power.
The Ultraloq UL3 BT is powered by four AA batteries, which should last you up to eight months if you use it three times per day. Plus, there is an LED indicator light on the outside of the lock that will flash red when it’s time to change them out. Using Bluetooth 4.0 technology, you can easily connect your smartphone to Ultraloq and monitor activity through the app from anywhere in the world. You can even send virtual keys to family members and guests so they can unlock your door remotely as well.
5. August Wi-Fi Smart Lock (4th Generation)
You might not guess this is a smart lock. It looks just like any other deadbolt on the market, with a silver finish and dimple keypad that can be used to enter a code, or an optional small fob for touch-to-open action.
The August Wi-Fi smart lock attaches to the inside half of your existing deadbolt, so no one will be able to tell you have upgraded your entryway to smart status. The only addition is a small tab that sticks out of the side of the deadbolt and can be pressed if you forget your code. When it comes to keyless entry, the August Wi-Fi smart lock lets you create multiple codes—and share them with friends and family.
The August Wi-Fi Smart Lock (4th Generation) built-in Wi-Fi is an excellent smart lock that offers many of the same features as the third-generation model, including support for Alexa, Assistant, and Siri voice commands, but it adds integrated Wi-Fi connectivity. With its Wi-Fi radio inside, this lock can connect to your home network without the need for a separate hub. August’s app allows you to give virtual keys to friends, family members, and service providers. This means you can open or close your door remotely, no matter where you are. You can also set up a recurring schedule with the app so that you do not have to worry about locking the door on your way out every day. You can even track who has been coming and going from your home!
With the auto-lock feature, you will not have to lock the door manually. It will just do it after some specified time. There is also an auto-unlock feature available in this smart lock, which automatically unlocks your door as soon as it detects your phone nearby via Bluetooth. However, to use this feature, make sure you have enabled Bluetooth on your smartphone. It comes with great features and also it is 100% compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, which lets you control the lock using voice commands.
6. JOUNJIP Mechanical Keyless Combination Latch Door Lock
The JOUNJIP is a mechanical keyless combination latch door lock that is suitable for the outdoor gate. It can resist up to 4500 lbs. in weight and up to two thousand pounds in force. It is one of the best choices for outdoor gate installation and maintenance. You can use this lock to secure your gate, door, or window.
It is made up of high-quality materials that are durable, reliable, and long-lasting. It has an attractive design that makes it look attractive and attractive to use on the door or gate. The JOUNJIP Mechanical Keyless Combination Latch Door Lock has many features that help you keep safe and secure your home or office from intruders, thieves, or vandals.
This mechanical keyless latch lock will help you to access your home without worrying about someone else opening the door behind you as it does not have any keys needed for entry into your home or office premises. You will be able to open this lock with a simple touch from anywhere in the world without having any problems because this device uses infrared beams which allow people to open their doors without needing any keys!
Benefits Of Smart Locks in Your Home
Smart locks are a great way to keep your home safe and secure. These locks come in different styles, so you can choose the one that suits your needs. Here are some of the benefits of using smart locks:
- Smart locks are easy to install. You do not need to be an expert to install these locks. They do all the work for you, making it possible for anyone with little knowledge about installing an electronic lock system to do it easily.
- Smart Locks are compatible with a variety of smart devices, including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Smart locks can be controlled from anywhere in the world via an app or website. This means that you do not need to be at home when you want to enter your home or unlock your door. You can also use this feature if you are away on vacation and want someone else to come into your house while you’re not there, or if there is someone else who is responsible for unlocking the door when they arrive at your house after leaving their own home behind them at another location in town.
- Smart locks are more secure than traditional mechanical keys or keypad entry systems because they require a biometric scan before each use which means that only authorized people will be able to get inside your home.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Smart Locks for the Outside Gate
Here are some factors you need to keep in mind before buying a smart lock for your outside gate.
- One of them is the weather conditions in your area. You should also consider the size of your house and the number of people who will use it. You can also check out the price tag provided by the manufacturers before making any decision.
- Another factor that you should keep in mind while buying a smart door for the outdoor gate is its durability. Most people prefer to buy doors that are durable because they can use them over an extended period without any problem. For instance, if you have had an old gate installed on your property for several years, it should be replaced by one that is more advanced than what it already has.
- The type of lock mechanism used on your new smart door for the outdoor gate before making any purchase decision because this will determine how secure it is. For instance, if you want to ensure that no one can enter your home without authorization from yourself or someone else inside then one with a lock mechanism like a keypad lock would be ideal for you since it would allow only those who have access codes to enter your home without having to worry about.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Can you use a smart lock on a gate?
You can use a smart lock on a gate. It is just that the smart lock will only work with a wireless network, so you will need to buy a compatible one.
The best way to figure out if your door is compatible is to call the manufacturer and ask them what kind of network they require.
If you are in a condominium or apartment complex, your landlord may require a different type of lock than you’d choose for your own home. Be sure to check with them first if there are any questions about whether you can install one at all.
Are Smart Locks Weatherproof?
Smart locks are waterproof, but they are not meant to be submerged in water. The lock itself is sealed against moisture, so it will not break from exposure to rain or snow. But the keypad can get wet if it is raining heavily, so you should make sure to keep it dry.
If your smart lock is exposed to rain or snow and gets wet, use a hair dryer, or blow dryer on low heat until the moisture evaporates. Be careful not to blow too hard or you could damage the lock’s internal components