Are you looking to change the master code on your Nest Yale lock? The master code is a crucial part of the security system for your lock, as it allows you to add and delete user codes, as well as make other important changes to the lock’s settings. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps for changing the master code on your Nest Yale lock, so you can keep your home or business secure and protect against unauthorized access. Whether you’re a homeowner looking to increase the security of your home or a business owner looking to control access to your building, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to change the master code on your Nest Yale lock.
Change Master Code on Nest Yale Lock
To change the master code on Nest Yale Lock, you will need to follow these steps:
- Touch the keypad of the lock with the back of your hand.
- Now input the master code and press the ‘#’ key.
- Select the ‘one’ button followed by the ‘#’ key.
- Input a new master code.
- To complete the process, Press ‘#’ key on the keypad.
If you are not able to enter your master code, you can reset the lock by using the factory settings.
Steps to Reset Yale Lock without Master Code
- First you need some tools to open and remove some parts of the lock to reset it as it is a digital mechanical lock.
- To remove the cover or faceplate of the lock you will need a screwdriver. Select a screwdriver that fits perfectly with the screw heads of the Yale lock.
- Make sure to keep a few pairs of small paper clips with you as you will be needing them to pull out the battery compartment of the lock.
- Keep the door unlocked and wide open to make sure that you do not get locked inside or outside of the home if anything goes sideways.
- Ensure that the lock’s deadbolt is not sticking out so that it will not lock itself. Keep a door stopper in front of the door so that it will not close.
- Push the paperclip into the hole, then press it down firmly. While you are doing this, lift the sides of your battery compartment with a finger or two so that they do not get pinched by accident.
- There will be four batteries in the lock, you need to remove the outer two batteries from each corner.
- Remove the screws from the bottom of the battery panel you have taken out the batteries. After removing the screws, it will be easier to take off the lock.
- Grip the lock properly and hold down the Blue reset button at the backside of the lock. While doing so, put in the batteries.
- Make sure to hold the button until you hear “Erasing All the Settings” from the lock. Afterward, release the button and take out the batteries.
- Now insert the batteries and tighten the screws back into place.
- Press the keypad of the lock to activate it.
- Master code will be required but since you do not have it you can use the default programming code which is 123456. After that press, the (#) from the keypad or touch.
- To reset your door lock, touch two from the touchscreen followed by Hash, and then press one to select it.
- After setting the slot number, keep a new door lock code and complete the process with the Hash key from your touchpad. Now you can use this code to lock or unlock your door whenever you like!
Troubleshooting Guide for Nest Yale Lock
Primarily, if you are having trouble with your Nest Yale Lock and you are not sure what to do next, it is always a clever idea to contact Nest directly. In the meantime, here are some troubleshooting tips for you to try.
Make sure your Nest Yale Lock is working correctly. The first thing you should do is check whether your lock is working properly. You can do this by pressing and holding down both buttons at the same time, or by pressing down on the power button and then pressing and holding down again on one of the other buttons until your lock turns off. If this does not work, try changing out the batteries in your lock (by removing them from their compartment and inserting new ones). Make sure that your door latch is working properly.