Schlage Connect is the best way to lock and unlock your door from your phone, tablet and computer. Instead of using keys, you can remotely control multiple locks on your home with Schlage Connect through a Wi-Fi enabled gateway kit.
Schlage’s Connect Deadbolt is a great addition to the digital accessories market. I’ve tested many smart locks and think that Schlage has made one of the best door locks I’ve seen on the market. Now, lock picking has been around for hundreds of years and is a craft that has been passed down through generations of thieves.
How do you connect Schlage connect to Wi-Fi? This guide will show you step-by-step on how to setup your home and business hubs on your new router. And once the setup is done, how to set up each Schlage connect device so you can begin programming them right away.
- Connecting Schlage Connect To Wi-Fi
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Connecting Schlage Connect To Wi-Fi
So, you have a new Schlage Connect lock and need to get set up. It’s actually pretty straightforward to link your device to your hub, but there are a few things you should do first.
The first step is to get a hub compatible with Schlage Connect. For instance, you can use the Samsung SmartThings Hub or the Wink Hub so that you can connect it through Wi-Fi and have it work seamlessly with other devices like lights, thermostats and security cameras. There are others as well, so if you already have a hub that works for your home automation system, check to see whether it will work for Schlage Connect.
The next step is to download the app for your smartphone or tablet. This will allow you to connect it to your hub and control it remotely as well as set up schedules, codes and more.
Assuming that you bought a Samsung SmartThings hub. Here are the steps to pair your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt with SmartThings:
Make sure your Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt is updated to the latest firmware. You can check for updates within the Schlage Sense app.
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list.
- The app will say ‘Looking for devices… ‘
- While the Hub searches, press and hold the Schlage button on the front of your Lock until you see a yellow light flash and hear three beeps (this may take up to 30 seconds).
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen.
- Tap on it to rename it and tap Done When finished, tap Save and then Tap Ok to confirm the completion.
If you want to access your Schlage Connect remotely (from outside your home, for example), you’ll need to get it connected to your Home Wi-Fi.
That is, your Schlage Connect Deadbolt now connects to the internet via the hub’s Wi-Fi connection. You can also use the SmartThings app on your phone to lock and unlock the door, add/remove access codes, check the battery level, and more.
Keep in mind that the Schlage Home app does not allow you to control Schlage Connect remotely. Schlage Connect only works with the connected hub’s app.
Schlage works with other hubs like Winks, Nexia etc. if you want to integrate them, you have to follow the instructions which comes along with them.
You may also use voice control with your Schlage Connect by connecting it to Google Home or Alexa. Keep in mind that connecting to Google or Alexa also necessitates the use of a hub, which SmartThings and Wink provide.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Where Can I Find Schlage Connect Programming Code?
You can find the Schlage Connect Programming Code on the inside of your deadbolt lock. The code is printed in red, to the right of the door handle. The code will need to be entered into the app when you’re ready to connect your lock with the app.
2. How Can I Enable/Disable Vacation Mode On Schlage Connect?
Vacation mode is designed to make your Schlage Connect keypad locks look like they’re occupied while you’re away. This can be done by either randomly activating the lock, or by setting it to always lock. If you don’t want your door to lock at all, you can either disable vacation mode or set the automatic locking feature to never engage. Either way, here’s how to do it:
- Press the Schlage button once and release.
- Enter your 4-digit programming code (default code is 1234).
- Press the Schlage button again and release.
3. How Do I Turn On/Off The Schlage Connect Alarm?
The Schlage Connect keypad lock has a built-in alarm system to alert you when the lock is being tampered with. The alarm can be turned on and off by pressing and holding the Schlage button on the interior assembly.
- To turn on the Alarm: Press and hold the Schlage button on the Interior Assembly for about 5 seconds. Release the button after the first flash.
- To Turn off the Alarm: Press and hold the Schlage button on the Interior Assembly for about 6 seconds and then release the button after the second flash.
4. How Can I Enable Auto-Lock On Schlage Connect?
On the Schlage Connect deadbolt, you can enable Auto-Lock. Auto-Lock will automatically lock the lock after 30 seconds of inactivity. To enable Auto-Lock, follow these steps:
- Press the “Schlage” button on the touchscreen to wake up the lock
- Enter your 4 to 8 digits user code.
- Press and release the “Schlage” button. The lock will beep once.
- Within 10 seconds, press and hold the “Schlage” button for 3 seconds until you hear three (3) beeps and see a check mark displayed on the touchscreen.
- When enabled, you will hear two beeps when you unlock by entering your code.
The above mentioned are the steps to connect your Schlage to Wi-Fi for access. It was also mentioned that you require a hub to connect your Schlage as it cannot be connected directly to the Wi-Fi.