There are different functions related to programming when it comes to Defiant Electronic Deadbolt. It involves changing the master code, adding new users and deleting some or all user codes. Whereas you can also enable the vacation mode. You can also reset it to its factory settings.
We have explained everything in detail in this article, so give this a nice and thorough read. Lets Begin!
- Change the Master Code on a Defiant Electronic Lock
- Add a New User Code on a Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
- Delete an Existing User Code on a Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
- Deleting All User Codes at Once on Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
- Auto – Lock Enabled on Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
- Enabling/Disabling Vacation Mode on Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
- Turn off the Beeping Sound while Operating on a Defiant Lock
- Resetting the Defiant Lock to Factory Default Settings
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S)
Change the Master Code on a Defiant Electronic Lock
A new Defiant lock comes with a basic 6 digits Master Code—123456. The code enables its users to put the lock in programming mode and then the changes can be made.
Nonetheless, its necessary to change the default Master Code to guarantee security. Also, if you’ve obtained a previously owned defiant lock or you think someone is spying on your existing code, the best and first thing you need to do is to change the code to ensure that the security is not breached and no one else can change the lock programming.
Follow the provided instructions to change the Master Code on a defiant lock:
- Press down and hold the SET button and wait until the lock beeps and then set it free.
- Now enter your present Master Code and then press the Lock button. (For a new Defiant lock, use your default Master Code—123456).
- Again press 1, 0, and then the Lock button.
- After you have entered your new Master Code (6 digits).
- Put your thumb on the Lock button to complete the process.
Add a New User Code on a Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
The Defiant Electronic Lock is a great way to control access to your home. It’s easy to install, and it’s easy to use. If you have a friend or family member who wants access to your home, you can add them by following the instructions:
- Press the mode button until the display shows “User.”
- Press the down arrow until the display shows “Add User,” then press the OK button.
- Enter your current 4-digit user code (the number you use to unlock the door) using the keypad, then press OK.
- Enter your new 4-digit user code using the keypad, then press OK twice to confirm it.
Delete an Existing User Code on a Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
You can delete an existing user code by following these steps:
- Press and hold the “Lock” button for 3-4 seconds until the LED flashes red and green.
- Enter your master code to unlock the lock.
- Press and hold the “Lock” button for 3-4 seconds until the LED flashes red and green again.
- Enter your master code to unlock the lock, but this time enter it twice (i.e., once to unlock and again to confirm).
- The lock will then beep to indicate that you have successfully deleted your current code.
Deleting All User Codes at Once on Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
If you are looking for a quick way to delete all user codes on your Defiant Electronic Deadbolt, here’s how to do it:
- Press the “Unlock” button on your Defiant Electronic Deadbolt. This will open the door and activate the programming function.
- Press and hold down the “Lock/Unlock” button on your Defiant Electronic Deadbolt until the LED flashes blue rapidly (approximately 10 seconds).
- Release both buttons and wait until the LED lights up red continuously (approximately 10 seconds). The unit is now in its default state, which allows you to enter any combination of up to 8 digits as a new access code.
Auto – Lock Enabled on Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
To enable the auto lock feature on your Defiant Electronic Deadbolt, you will want to do the following:
- Press and hold the Lock button for 2 seconds. The light ring around the button should be solid green.
- Enter your 4-digit access code. The default code is “0000.”Wait 30 seconds for the device to enter programming mode. You will see the light ring blink red slowly every 5 seconds as it prepares for new settings.
- Press “Menu” and then “Auto-Lock” to enable the feature or “Auto-Lock Off” to disable it. Press any button on either side of your Defiant Electronic Deadbolt (except Lock). The light ring will blink yellow once and then turn solid green again to indicate that it has been programmed successfully.
Enabling/Disabling Vacation Mode on Defiant Electronic Deadbolt
When you enable your vacation mode, it immediately make all the User Codes ineffective. It means that no User Code can unlock it except for the Master Code. You can enable vacation mode on a Defiant Lock in this way:
- Press and hold down the set button until the lock makes the beeping sound and afterwards release the set button.
- Enter your in use Master Code and press the Lock button.
- Press the numbers 5 and 0, and then again press the Lock button.
- Press number 1 and then the Lock button to turn on the vacation mode on the lock.
To disable vacation mode, repeat step 1 to 3 stated above and then press 0 and the Lock button in the last step.
Turn off the Beeping Sound while Operating on a Defiant Lock
The beeping sound is a great feature that can help you determine whether the lock is being opened or closed. However, sometimes it becomes very annoying and distracting when you are trying to work with a defiant lock. If this is the case, then here is how you can turn off the beeping sound of a defiant lock:
- Make sure that your defiant lock is unlocked.
- Press “1” for about 3 seconds.
- Press “0” for about 3 seconds.
- Press “1” for about 3 seconds again and the beeping sound will stop immediately
Resetting the Defiant Lock to Factory Default Settings
Factory default settings are what the lock was programmed with when it was manufactured. When you change these settings, they will be saved in your key fob or the lock itself. If you need to reset the door lock back to factory defaults, follow these steps:
- Open the door and remove the battery cover on your key fob if applicable. If you have an electronic deadbolt, there is no battery cover and you will skip this step.
- Remove the battery from its compartment if applicable. If you have an electronic deadbolt, there is no battery and you will skip this step as well.
- Press and hold the “lock” button until all lights flash twice (or until your entry code is displayed if applicable). Within 10 seconds, press and hold the button again until all lights flash twice (or until your entry code is displayed if applicable).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
1. What is the difference between the keypad models and the keyless models?
The keyless models have a small hole at the bottom of the lock where you can insert a small tool (such as a paper clip) to “unlock” the door. The keypad models do not have this hole.
2. How does a Defiant Electronic Deadbolt work?
The Defiant Electronic Deadbolt is opened with a code or electronic keypad. It also has an emergency override feature that allows you to open it using your key if you forget your code or battery dies on your keypad.
3. How do I program my own code?
You can program up to 15 different codes into each lock, but if you want someone else to have access without having to change the settings again then they will need their own set of keys with their own code on them (each key has its own code). To set up your new code follow these steps: First press 0-0-0 (the default code) and then enter your new code by pressing each button once.
4. How is the deadbolt locked?
The deadbolt is locked when the red light blinks. After that, it will not open until the door is unlocked using the keypad or RFID tag.
This is how you can do the basic programming of your Defiant Electronic Deadbolt which includes changing the master code, add & delete a user code and more.
The programming process is not difficult but you must use the correct keypad buttons to make it work. The distribution of the SET and other buttons could be different depending on the model. So consult the Lock manual for more detailed instruction and guidance.