If you are a recent owner of Emtek Electronic lock, you’ll want to programme new access codes, update the preset programming code, and more. Looking to do it? Keep reading then because there are tons for you in there.
Anyone can handle programming an Emtek electronic lock. It’s easy. There are a couple of things you will need to have in order to program your Emtek lock and be able to use it. Be sure you have them before you begin so you don’t end up with a non-working lock on your door.
We’ll be explaining everything there is to about Emtec Electronic deadbolt, therefore keep reading till the end.
- How To Change The Preset Programming Code On An Emtek Electronic Deadbolt?
- How To Add Or Delete User Codes On An Emtek Electronic Lock
- Deleting A User Code
- Deleting All User Codes At Once
- How To Disable/Enable All User Codes
- How To Factory Reset An Emtek Electronic Lock
- How To Lock And Unlock An Emtek Electronic Lock
- How To Turn Off Emtek Electronic Lock Beeper
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How To Change The Preset Programming Code On An Emtek Electronic Deadbolt?
Changing the code on your Emtek electronic deadbolt is easy. You can refer to the user manual for instructions, but here are the highlights.
- Press and hold the EMTEK button on the keypad for around 3 seconds. The Yellow LED will flash once, then illuminate and remain continuous as a result of this operation. The number keys will light up as well.
- Input the pre-programmed programming code. (Enter the current code if it hasn’t been modified earlier.) Once the yellow LED flashes and beeps, it will glow and remain continuous. Your lock has now entered programming mode.
- Enter your new programming code by pressing 1 and then entering your new programming code (6 digits).
- Wait for the lock indicator to flash green and beep four times before entering the new programming code. The new programming code is now active, as evidenced by this.
This way, the preset code will be changed with a new one of your liking.
How To Add Or Delete User Codes On An Emtek Electronic Lock
Emtek electronic locks are some of the most user-friendly on the market. They offer a variety of features that allow you to use one lock for multiple purposes. If you have an Emtek electronic lock and want to add or delete user codes, follow the below explained steps.
- Open the door to access the programming button, located on the interior side of the electronic lock. Press and hold down the button until you see the yellow light blink (approximately 10 seconds).
- Press 2 and enter your PIN using the keypad. The green light will blink four times for each digit entered. For example, if your PIN is 1-2-3-4, you will see sixteen blinks: four for each number entered.
Deleting A User Code
It is important to set up a user code right after installing an Emtek electronic lock, but you may also have to delete a code if someone who used to have permission loses their keycard or forgets their code. Deleting a user code is simple and can be done in a matter of seconds.
- Hold down the “EMTEK” button on the face of the lock for three seconds. The screen will display “P” followed by the current date and time.
- Press the button 3 and then write the code you want to delete.
- Reenter the code to confirm it and then press delete.
- The lock will beep, and green light will blink meaning the code was deleted.
Deleting All User Codes At Once
If you need to remove all user codes, it is possible to do so without having to delete each one individually. Here’s how to remove all user codes at once.
- Enter your current programming code after pressing and holding the EMTEK button for around 3 seconds. When your lock is in programming mode, the yellow LED will flash and beep which means you can reenter the code.
- Re-enter your current programming code after pressing 5.
- The flash light will lit green and beep 3 times each meaning the codes were deleted.
How To Disable/Enable All User Codes
It’s a good idea to disable all user codes before you move into a new home or office. This will ensure your security and give you a chance to create new codes for everyone that needs access to the building. To disable/enable all user codes, follow these steps:
- Enter your current programming code after pressing and holding the EMTEK button for three seconds.
- To disable all user codes, press 4 to reach the menu and then 4 again to disable them.
- Perform step 1 and 2 to enable them.
- Green lights will flash and blink to confirm your success.
How To Factory Reset An Emtek Electronic Lock
If you’re having trouble with your Emtek electronic lock, you can always factory reset it. This will bring the lock back to its factory-default programming, which will erase all of its previous configurations. Resetting does not require any special tools or knowledge; as long as you know the master code for your lock, you can reset it in just a few steps.
- Press the EMTEK button for 5 seconds and then press 000000.
- The light will flash green and blink twice. When this happens, remove the batteries and wait for 5 seconds.
- Now replace the batteries and once this happens, the lock will blink and flash green twice confirming the reset.
How To Lock And Unlock An Emtek Electronic Lock
First, here’s how to unlock your door:
- To unlock your door, enter the correct code on your keypad and then turn the lever handle on the lock clockwise.
- You’ll hear one beep from the keypad when you’ve entered the correct code, followed by two beeps when you’ve fully turned the handle to unlock the door.
- Then just pull on your doorknob to open your door!
Now let’s go over how to lock it back up:
- To lock your Emtek electronic lock, just close and press down firmly on the thumb turn (the small metal piece sticking out of the side of your lockset) until you hear three beeps from the keypad.
- This means that it has been locked!
How To Turn Off Emtek Electronic Lock Beeper
- Enter your programming code after pressing and holding the EMTEK button for around 3 seconds.
- To switch off the beeper, press 6 and then 6 again.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to activate the beeper.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How Do I Reprogram My Emtek Lock?
You can do it by restoring your lock to factory settings and then reprogramming it. Read the above explained points to know the process in detail.
2. Why Is My Emtek Electronic Lock Not Working?
First, check to see if the batteries are well placed and/or still active. If the batteries are dead or have been tampered with, your lock may not work as expected.
Certain Emtek electronic locks use two 9-volt batteries that must be placed in a special battery clip on the lock itself. The clip must be inserted into a specific compartment of the lock, and it’s important to make sure you’re placing these locks in their correct positions.
3. Are Emtek Electronic Locks Good?
Yes! They’re easy to use and you can program them to do all kinds of things. Emtek is a company that specializes in door hardware. Their products range from traditional to modern styles, so whether you’re looking for something simple or something with more of an edge, Emtek has got you covered.
While they may not be as well-known as other companies like Schlage and Kwikset, their products are certainly on par with them in terms of quality.
if you read the instructions carefully, you’ll notice that the programming and resetting of EMTEK lock is very simple.
If it still doesn’t work for you, call an expert who will handle this for you.