Schlage Connect keypad is a popular smart lock that allows you to enter your home with a personal code instead of a key. However, users may experience issues with the keypad not working. This could be due to several reasons such as the low battery, improper connection, incorrect programming, or obstructions.
To troubleshoot the issue, users can check the batteries, connection, programming, and for any obstructions. If none of these solutions work, it is recommended to contact Schlage customer support for further assistance.
- How to Solve Problems with the Schlage Connect keypad:
- Changing the Schlage Connect Deadbolt's Default Programming Code:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Solve Problems with the Schlage Connect keypad:
If your Schlage Connect keypad is not working, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check the batteries:
To replace the batteries in your Schlage Connect keypad, follow these steps:
- Locate the battery cover on the back of the keypad.
- Slide the cover down to remove it from the keypad.
- Take out the old batteries and dispose of them properly.
- Insert four new AA alkaline batteries into the battery compartment. Make sure that the positive and negative ends of the batteries are facing in the correct direction as indicated on the keypad.
- Slide the battery cover back into place until it clicks into position.
Once you have replaced the batteries, try using the keypad again to see if it is functioning properly. If the keypad still does not work, it may be due to another issue such as improper connection or programming, and further troubleshooting may be necessary.
2. Turn off the vacation mode:
To disable vacation mode on your Schlage Connect keypad, follow these steps:
- Enter your programming code on the keypad followed by the “Schlage” button.
- Press “9” on the keypad followed by the “Schlage” button.
- The lock will beep and the vacation mode will be disabled.
- Test the lock to make sure it is functioning properly.
If you do not remember your programming code, you can reset the lock to its factory default settings by removing the battery cover and pressing and holding the “Schlage” button while reinserting the batteries. Release the button once the lock beeps and the keypad light up. This will reset the lock to its factory default settings, and you will need to reprogram it with a new programming code.
3. Reset the Lock:
Here are the detailed steps to reset your Schlage Connect keypad lock to its factory default settings:
- Remove the battery cover on the back of the keypad. To do this, locate the small tab at the bottom of the cover and slide it downwards.
- Once the battery cover is removed, locate the programming button located on the back of the lock, just above the battery compartment.
- Press and hold the programming button with one hand while reinserting the batteries with the other hand. Make sure that the positive end of each battery is facing up.
- Continue to hold down the programming button for approximately 5 seconds until you hear three beeps. The keypad will also light up and flash three times.
- Release the programming button. The lock has now been reset to its factory default settings.
Note: Resetting the lock to its factory default settings will erase all existing user codes and settings, and restore it to its original state. You will need to set it up again from scratch, including programming a new programming code and adding new user codes if desired.
Changing the Schlage Connect Deadbolt’s Default Programming Code:
To change the default programming code on your Schlage Connect deadbolt, follow these steps:
- Enter the current programming code on the keypad followed by the “Schlage” button. The default programming code is “BE365”. If you have already changed the programming code, enter the current code that you are using.
- Press the “Schlage” button followed by the number “0” on the keypad. This will put the lock into programming mode.
- Enter the new programming code you want to use, which should be between 4 and 8 digits long. Make sure to choose a code that is easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess. Avoid using obvious codes such as “1234” or “0000”.
- Press the “Schlage” button again to save the new programming code. The lock will beep, and the keypad will flash three times to confirm the change.
- Test the new programming code by locking and unlocking the door with it. Make sure that it works before closing the door.
Note: Be sure to keep your new programming code confidential and do not share it with anyone. If you need to share access with someone else, create a temporary user code that can be deleted later.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I reset my Schlage connect keypad?
To reset your Schlage Connect keypad lock: disconnect the battery pack, press, and hold the “Schlage” button, reconnect the battery pack, and release the button when the lock beeps.
2. What to do when the Schlage lock dies?
When a Schlage lock dies, replace the batteries first. If that doesn’t work, try resetting the lock to its factory default settings. If neither of these solutions works, contact Schlage customer support or a professional locksmith for assistance.
3. How do I know if my Schlage keypad lock is a low battery?
You can know if your Schlage keypad lock has a low battery if the keypad or lock begins to beep, flash, or blink a red light.
4. How do you unlock a Schlage keypad lock with a dead battery?
To unlock a Schlage keypad lock with a dead battery, you can use a physical key to manually unlock the lock. The keyhole is usually located above or below the keypad.
5. How long does Schlage battery last?
The battery life of Schlage locks can vary depending on usage, but typically they last for about a year before needing to be replaced.
If you are experiencing issues with your Schlage Connect keypad not working, here are some possible causes and solutions:
Check the batteries: One of the most common reasons for keypad failure is dead batteries. If your keypad is not lighting up or responding, try replacing the batteries with fresh ones. Follow the instructions on how to replace batteries, which can be found in the user manual.
Check the wiring: If the batteries are not the issue, check the wiring to ensure that it is properly connected and not damaged. If the wiring is damaged, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
Reset the lock: If the keypad is still not working, resetting the lock to its factory default settings may help. Follow the instructions on how to reset the lock to its default settings, which can be found in the user manual. Keep in mind that resetting the lock will erase all existing user codes and settings, so you will need to set it up again from scratch.
Check the programming code: If you have changed the programming code in the past and have forgotten it, you may need to reset the lock to its factory default settings. To change the programming code, follow the instructions on how to change the default programming code, which can be found in the user manual.