Kwikset locks have a program button on the side of the lock. You can press it with a pen or paper clip to open the door. The location of the program button varies depending on the model of Kwikset lock you have:
- For some models, such as SmartCode 912 and 910, you’ll see a small button next to the keyhole. The button has three dots on it, which are usually painted in red, blue and yellow.
- For other Kwikset locks, such as SmartCode 914 and 913, you’ll find the program button on the side of the lock’s faceplate. It’s most commonly located at the top-left corner (as seen from outside), but it might be more central if there’s not enough room at one end.
- How to Add A User Code When Master Code is Enabled?
- How to add a User Code When The Master Code is Disabled?
- How to Delete A Single User Code?
- How to Delete All User Codes at Once?
- How to Enable the Master Code on the Kwikset Lock?
- How to Disable the Master Code On the Kwikset Lock?
- Unique Features Of Kwikset Smart Locks
How to Add A User Code When Master Code is Enabled?
On a Kwikset Smart Lock, you can add a user code when the master code is either enabled or disabled. So we will first learn how to add a user code when the master code is enabled:
- Always make sure that the door is wide open to avoid yourself being locked out.
- Now press the program button to put the lock in programming mode. This will set off the check mark to light five times accompanied by five beeps.
- Now input the master code and hit the button with lock symbol one time only.
- You will have to add the new user code (4 to 8 Digits) and then again hit the lock button.
Now if you see the check mark light and make a beep, it will confirm that the new user code has been added to the lock successfully. Just to be sure test the code if it unlocks the door or not.
Keep in Mind that if the lock flashes Three “X” pattern along with three beeps it means that the user code is not added. If this happens you have to again add the user code and the latter user code must be different from the former one.
How to add a User Code When The Master Code is Disabled?
You can add the user code by performing the following steps:
- First you have to press the check mark once on the lock. Make sure that the door is opened before you start to program codes.
- Input the new user code (4 -8 Digits) and hit the lock symbol.
- If the above process was successful, the check mark will light along with a beep. Make sure to test the code to see if it really works.
How to Delete A Single User Code?
In order to delete a single user code, you need to follow the steps stated below:
- Hit the program button.
- Press the button with check mark symbol on it.
- Now hit the lock button and afterwards input the master code.
- Again hold down the lock button and enter the user code you want to erase from the lock.
- Hit the lock button again and re-enter the user code you want to be deleted.
- To complete the deleting process press the lock button once again.
If the check marks lights and beeps, this means that the code is deleted successfully.
The above stated method only works when the master code is enabled. If the master code is disabled, you have to skip the step involving you to enter the master code. Follow the step 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6. Skip the step 3 and you are good to go.
How to Delete All User Codes at Once?
Here is how you can delete all user codes at once:
- Press the program button to enter in the programming mode.
- Press the button with check mark symbol and hit the lock button.
- Input the master code and hit the lock symbol. Afterwards press the Number “9” button six times.
- Again press down the lock button and press the number “9” button for 6 times.
- For the deletion process to complete, press the button with lock symbol.
How to Enable the Master Code on the Kwikset Lock?
- First hit the program button and hold it until the keypad lights green.
- Input the master code and press down the lock button once.
- Once again input the master code and press the lock button.
- The Keypad will light red and beep for three times, stating the master code is now enabled successfully.
How to Disable the Master Code On the Kwikset Lock?
- Hit and hold down the program button for almost 5 seconds until it lights green.
- Hit the lock button again and input the master code.
- Again you need to press the button with lock symbol and re-input the master code.
- Hit the lock button again for the process to be completed.
Unique Features Of Kwikset Smart Locks
With their new line of smart locks, Kwikset is taking advantage of some exciting new technologies to make their products even more useful and convenient. Here are some features that make these locks stand out:
1. Smartphone Control
All Kwikset smart locks connect to your smartphone using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology. This allows them to be controlled remotely using an app on your phone. You can lock or unlock your door from anywhere, see who has entered or exited your home at any time, and configure custom settings for different users like friends or family members. This feature is available for all three models: Kevo (keypad), Kevo Plus (touchscreen), and Kevo Leak+.
2. Automatic Lock & Unlock
When you come home and unlock your door with your smartphone, the Kwikset smart lock remembers this event and automatically re-locks itself after 30 seconds of inactivity so you don’t have to worry about locking up when you go inside or coming back out again later on.
We hope that after reading this article you were able to find the Power Button on Kwikset Smart Lock. To make it easier and informative for you we have added few more tips to learn & use about your Kwikset Lock.
Since every Model of Kwikset is different so you might not find the power button in the exact location. But if you look more keenly you will find it in the interior assembly of the lock.