The Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus is a sleek and innovative smart lock that is designed to enhance the security and convenience of your home. This advanced lock features a keyless design that allows you to lock and unlock your door remotely using a smartphone app, and it integrates seamlessly with a wide range of smart home systems, including Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant.
In-Depth Review of Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus
In this review, we will take an in-depth look at the Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus, examining its design, features, and overall performance to help you decide whether it is the right smart lock for your home.
One of the first things you will notice about the Yale Assure Lock SL is its sleek and modern design. The lock features a low profile and minimalist design that is perfect for those who want a smart lock that looks good and doesn’t draw too much attention to itself.
The lock itself is made of high-quality materials and is available in a range of finishes, including satin nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, and polished brass. It is easy to install and can be fitted to most standard doors without the need for any additional hardware.
The lock also features a backlit keypad that allows you to enter a unique PIN code to lock and unlock your door. This is a great feature for those who don’t want to rely on a physical key, and it also allows you to assign unique PIN codes to family members, friends, or service providers.
One of the key features of the Yale Assure Lock SL is its Z-Wave Plus compatibility. This allows you to connect the lock to a wide range of smart home systems, including Samsung SmartThings, Wink, and more.
Once connected, you can use a smartphone app to remotely lock and unlock your door, as well as monitor its status and receive notifications if anyone tries to tamper with the lock. This is a great feature for those who want to keep an eye on their home while they are away, and it can give you peace of mind knowing that your home is secure.
The lock also features a built-in alarm that will sound if anyone attempts to tamper with the lock or force it open. This is an added layer of security that can deter would-be intruders and alert you to any potential security breaches.
In addition to these security features, the Yale Assure Lock SL also allows you to create custom schedules for the lock. This means that you can set specific times of day when the lock will automatically lock and unlock, making it easier to manage access to your home and keep your home secure.
The keypad features a backlit touchscreen that is easy to use and provides a sleek and modern look. The keypad also has voice-guided programming, making it easy to set up and use.
The lock can store up to 250 unique user codes, allowing you to grant access to family, friends, or service providers without the need for a physical key. It also has an auto-lock feature that can be set to automatically lock after a certain period.
In terms of performance, the Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus is an excellent smart lock. The lock is easy to install and can be set up in just a few minutes using the included instructions.
Once set up, the lock is incredibly easy to use. You can lock and unlock your door using the backlit keypad, a physical key, or a smartphone app. The lock is also very responsive, and it locks and unlocks quickly and smoothly.
The Z-Wave Plus compatibility of the lock is another highlight, as it allows you to connect the lock to a wide range of smart home systems. This makes it incredibly versatile and allows you to control the lock using your preferred smart home system.
One potential drawback of the lock is that it does require a Z-Wave Plus hub to connect to your smart home system. This means that you will need to purchase an additional device to use the lock with your smart home system. However, this is a common requirement for most smart home devices, and the added functionality that the lock provides is well worth the additional expense.
The autolocking feature is a great security feature that automatically locks the door after a set period, preventing the possibility of the door being accidentally left unlocked. The Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus has this feature, which can be customized according to your preferences. The autolocking time can be set from 10 seconds to 30 minutes, depending on the user’s needs.
The Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus has a battery life of approximately 1 year with regular use. The lock operates on four AA batteries, and the low battery indicator will notify you when it’s time to replace them. It’s also worth noting that the battery life can vary depending on usage, so it’s essential to keep an eye on the low battery indicator to ensure that the lock is always powered.
Pros and Cons of Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus
- Remote Access: The Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus technology allows you to control and monitor your door lock remotely. You can check the status of your lock, lock and unlock it remotely, and receive notifications on your smartphone or tablet.
- Smart Home Integration: This lock is compatible with a variety of smart home systems, such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Samsung SmartThings. You can easily integrate it with your smart home setup and control it with voice commands.
- Easy Installation: The lock is easy to install and comes with detailed instructions. It fits most standard doors, so you don’t need to worry about compatibility.
- Keyless Entry: With this lock, you can enjoy the convenience of keyless entry. You can create up to 250 unique codes for family members, guests, or service providers.
- Limited Compatibility: The Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus is only compatible with Z-Wave Plus technology, which means it may not work with some smart home systems.
- Battery Life: The lock is battery-powered, and the batteries may need to be replaced frequently, depending on usage.
- Expensive: This lock is more expensive than some other smart locks on the market, which may be a drawback for budget-conscious buyers.
- Security Concerns: Some users may be concerned about the security of keyless entry systems, and may prefer traditional key-based locks.
Installation Process of Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus
You need to follow the following steps for the installation of a Yale Assure Lock:
- Remove the existing deadbolt from your door if there is any.
- Install the latch and strike plate of the Yale Assure Lock SL into the door and frame respectively.
- Insert the batteries into the lock.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the lock to add it to your Z-Wave network.
- Install the Z-Wave hub or controller that will control the lock.
- Test the lock to ensure that it is properly installed and functioning.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the manufacturer’s installation guide that comes with the lock. It’s important to note that installation may vary depending on the type of door.
In conclusion, the Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus is an excellent addition to any smart home security system. Its sleek design and simple installation make it a popular choice for homeowners looking for an easy and reliable way to secure their homes.
The lock’s compatibility with Z-Wave Plus technology also makes it easy to integrate with other smart devices and control from a mobile app. While the lock does come with a higher price tag compared to other smart locks on the market, the peace of mind it provides is worth the investment.
Overall, the Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus is a top-performing smart lock that offers advanced security features and ease of use.